Skip to main content

Unbelief

Sunday I started to post and I just couldn't get the words out. This is as far as I got:
So its 6 p.m. and I'm still in my pj's. My paranoia took over this morning and while I've calmed down since then I still haven't had the energy to do much of anything.
I expect days like this but they're still tough.


I'm ok now. The tears have dried (though they started up again on Monday).

I'm not feeling as though my world is crashing down again.

I still feel so much hope for this baby, but when the waves of grief come they knock me down and I feel like I'm gasping for breath.

I feel like the boy's father in Mark 9.


Mark 9:24

24Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"


I know that God can bring this baby into the world happy and healthy. But sometimes I struggle wondering if He will. That was my struggle on Sunday. I know that ultimately God controls whether this baby lives or dies- not me. I want to dedicate every bit of this baby to God and His will but part of me is gripped with fear. What if God's will is not for me to raise this baby here on earth? What if the time I've had is all the time I get? Will I truly be ok with that? I want to be. I desperately want to walk in God's will- no matter what... but part of me holds back.

I need help overcoming my unbelief.

Comments

Rebecca - you are SO right- God CAN and WILL deliver a healthy baby. Don't let the devil infiltrate your mind. I know that's easier said - Just have faith and know that God has carried you through the storm and He wants nothing but the best for you, Tommy, and baby #2. I'm praying for you guys (oh and I meant to tell you the other day that April 28th is Justin's b'day- It'll be a GREAT day!)
love you girl - push aside your doubts - God will take care of you and baby #2!!!
Jen said…
I don't know you personally, but I will say a prayer that God blesses you with a healthy baby. I hope you can find some joy in the remainder of your pregnancy.
Bree said…
I wish I could say something to ease your anxiety. I spend every day off on the couch and in my pajamas all day long. I don't go anywhere other than doctor's appointments. I totally feel ya there. Hang in there. Praying and hoping with you.
I totally understand. When I lost my twins and then followed by a miscarriage my next pregnancy was completely overwhelmed by worry and doubt. I am glad that we have an understanding God because I had time of deep and overwhelming doubt.

I will certainly be keeping you in my prayers. Kim

Popular posts from this blog

One word

Besides the group and classes, this week has brought more changes. If you know me in real life please share in our joy but don't spread the news just yet. For those of you who are grieving I'm sorry if this announcement causes more pain... I know how difficult it can be to feel as though everyone else's time has come but yours. Only one word popped up this time... Pregnant. I suspected that I'd see it, but worried that I wouldn't. I waited to find out... I didn't want to find out exciting news that would make it hard to focus on the tasks that were important this week. I didn't want to find out bad news that would make it hard to focus on the tasks that were important this week. So I waited... but now I know for sure. This part of the waiting is over... but now the real waiting begins. That one little word changes everything. It changed everything before too. Now it's different though. I'm not inoccent anymore... and yet I can't contain my ...

Bedrest

I don't know how I would've reacted to this the first pregnancy. There wasn't much blood- but there was blood none the less. We didn't pass go, we didn't collect two hundred dollars. We went straight to the hospital. Before, chances are, I would've called to see if they wanted me to come in. This time I didn't bother calling. We did make a slight mistake though. I didn't bother packing a bag or anything because I really thought they'd do an ultrasound and exam to make sure the placenta was well attached and send me home on bed rest for a few days. I was wrong. They did the ultrasound and exam but also decided to keep me overnight. They said it's standard for any patient that experiences bleeding so... Tommy got to drive back up to Bainbridge before driving back down to crash on the pull out bed at the hospital. Besides toiletries we'd also left our dog Louie up there and I'm willing to guess it wouldn't have been a pretty sight to see...

January 9, 2008

The day started with a call from my mom... she was feeling sick so she didn't want to come to the ultrasound and risk getting me sick too...so we called Tommy's mom and invited her to come up again (she also got to see the 16 week ultrasound). We had the store covered so that Tommy could also join me at the appointment and we took the new video camera my parents had gotten us for Christmas. I've replayed what Tommy filmed once in the past two years. He played peek-a-boo with the big belly using the shutter of the camera. I laughed at his silliness thinking what a good dad he'd be. They called us back before Tommy's mom arrived and I remember trying to think of stall tactics so she wouldn't miss anything. I actually didn't need to because they started giving us all kinds of consent forms and explaining how to pre-register at the hospital. Tommy's mom finally made it just before the ultrasound began. The nurse started out pointing everything out with Tommy...

Levi Aaron

Levi Aaron