Skip to main content

Him and her

 
Posted by Picasa


 


She'll be raised as our oldest... but will forever be a second child.

She'll know who he was... but never who he is.

They are both loved and adored... but she gets kisses and hugs while he gets tears and broken dreams.

She's in my arms... he remains in my heart.

They were both 7 lbs 8 oz at birth... but only she will grow as the days and years go by.

His silence brings me to tears... her tears remind me of the life she has.

His garden was planted to remember him... her's was painted to bring her smiles and sunshine.

I look at her and remember the brief moments with him... I think of him and remember to cherish each and every moment with her.

I will be the type of parent I am to her because I didn't get to parent him.

I took pictures of both to preserve each moment... but I'll get to have many more moments with her and many more photos to take.

I have one of the only outfits he wore packed away- stained with his blood... I'll soon be packing away the outfits she's outgrown- stained with spit-up and poop.

Their lives are so intertwined and yet he was gone long before she even came.



Many of you commented on the similarities in the way they look- thank you, I think so too :) there's no denying they're siblings and it's comforting to see some of Levi in this new life- and yet she is enough of her own person.

Comments

Kara's Mom said…
Oh Rebekah - your post is so beautiful that it brought me to tears. I am speechless- it has touched me so deeply. thank you.
Celia said…
I'm tearing up at your words! Congratulations on your baby girl. Your beautiful boy is in heaven with our Heavenly Father. You all will spend eternity together!!! Hope you all are getting rest. Congrats again!!!
Stacey said…
Beautiful, my friend. Just beautiful. They definitely do look similar. I know that you will always have Levi in your heart, and I pray that seeing some of him in his sister will be a pleasant reminder of the love you have for him always.

I'm so happy for you and your growing family!
Jen said…
Beautiful...simply beautiful...
Dana said…
This was beautiful! I am so happy for you.
Barbara said…
They are so beautifully alike.

Welcome to the world Levi's little sister.

xx
Bree said…
This is perfect. I wish he were here, Rebekah. Thinking of you. xo
Tyler said…
Wonderful Post my friend! So glad you have been very blessed by both.. and they do look alot alike.. we need some updated pics of that new angel?! I know you have a ton ;)

Enjoy it.. its wonderful and flies by!!

Hugs to you!
mesa said…
Beautiful, I love you my friend. I miss you too and can't wait to visit! ♥
Mary said…
Rebekah, she is beautiful. I am very happy for you. This post hit me hard.
Tara said…
This is awesome! You did such a nice job honoring both Levi & Madalyn with this post. What a lovely mama you are :-)Hope to see her sometime soon! Let me know when you are going to be in Tally

Popular posts from this blog

One word

Besides the group and classes, this week has brought more changes. If you know me in real life please share in our joy but don't spread the news just yet. For those of you who are grieving I'm sorry if this announcement causes more pain... I know how difficult it can be to feel as though everyone else's time has come but yours. Only one word popped up this time... Pregnant. I suspected that I'd see it, but worried that I wouldn't. I waited to find out... I didn't want to find out exciting news that would make it hard to focus on the tasks that were important this week. I didn't want to find out bad news that would make it hard to focus on the tasks that were important this week. So I waited... but now I know for sure. This part of the waiting is over... but now the real waiting begins. That one little word changes everything. It changed everything before too. Now it's different though. I'm not inoccent anymore... and yet I can't contain my ...

Bedrest

I don't know how I would've reacted to this the first pregnancy. There wasn't much blood- but there was blood none the less. We didn't pass go, we didn't collect two hundred dollars. We went straight to the hospital. Before, chances are, I would've called to see if they wanted me to come in. This time I didn't bother calling. We did make a slight mistake though. I didn't bother packing a bag or anything because I really thought they'd do an ultrasound and exam to make sure the placenta was well attached and send me home on bed rest for a few days. I was wrong. They did the ultrasound and exam but also decided to keep me overnight. They said it's standard for any patient that experiences bleeding so... Tommy got to drive back up to Bainbridge before driving back down to crash on the pull out bed at the hospital. Besides toiletries we'd also left our dog Louie up there and I'm willing to guess it wouldn't have been a pretty sight to see...

January 9, 2008

The day started with a call from my mom... she was feeling sick so she didn't want to come to the ultrasound and risk getting me sick too...so we called Tommy's mom and invited her to come up again (she also got to see the 16 week ultrasound). We had the store covered so that Tommy could also join me at the appointment and we took the new video camera my parents had gotten us for Christmas. I've replayed what Tommy filmed once in the past two years. He played peek-a-boo with the big belly using the shutter of the camera. I laughed at his silliness thinking what a good dad he'd be. They called us back before Tommy's mom arrived and I remember trying to think of stall tactics so she wouldn't miss anything. I actually didn't need to because they started giving us all kinds of consent forms and explaining how to pre-register at the hospital. Tommy's mom finally made it just before the ultrasound began. The nurse started out pointing everything out with Tommy...

Levi Aaron

Levi Aaron